- Mr. Porozhanov, will State Fund Agriculture be able to repay all funds under the "Program for Rural Development 2007 -2013" by the end of the year? Of what value are the projects that are being implemented and how much funds are disbursed to date?
- The great topic and the most important task for State Fund Agriculture are to successfully finalize the Rural Development Program (RDP) from the previous programming period 2007 - 2013. It ends at the end of 2015 and we are challenged to close all payments on the private, public and municipal measures where the construction business is seriously engaged. Our data currently show that we have to settle over 2,500 projects for around BGN 1.2 billion. Of these BGN 700 million are for municipal projects that affect public infrastructure - roads, water supply and sanitation, parks, squares and sports facilities for which there was a special reception. All these investments are aimed at improving the living conditions and communication in these areas, which has a positive effect on businesses.
- What measures have you taken to prevent losses under the program?
- We made an analysis of the implementation of all measures of the RDP - both private and public, including Axis 2, which is linked to direct payments. The aim is to distribute in the best possible way the remaining budget towards projects in process of implementation. Then we will make a redistribution of funds together with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food (MAF), which until the end of September will send a final notification under the program. In this way we will be able to cover the necessary payments - we mostly talk about public municipal measures which were with a great value pretty over contracted. This is one of the steps we are taking actively to prevent losses under RDP 2007 - 2013. Another very important change is the extension of the deadline of construction works or rather of the implementation of the projects. The activities for their completion will not be until 15 September but until 15 October and respectively the application for payment should be entered until 15 October. Of course, for the application to be processed we need 3 or 4 days.
- What do we achieve with this change?
- We allow our beneficiaries to finish their projects more safely and complete all activities at the end of September or in early October. In many cases it is extremely important for improving the quality of performance and the value and volume of activities.
*An abbreviated version